I just installed qTranslate to have multilingual entries. It's a really good internationalization plugin, I've used it on other WordPress installations before with great results.
After installing it with WordPress 3.0.1 though, the date format for posts wasn't being parsed, showing instead the raw format:
Posted on %e de %B de %Y by johnny
I found a solution for this on the qTranslate forums:
- Edit qtranslate_utils.php, line 143 from this:
$date_parameters = '#%#'; $strftime_parameters = '%%';
$date_parameters = '#%#'; $strftime_parameters = '%';
It seems the extra percentage sign makes it so the percentage sign in the format gets interpreted as literal percentage signs and therefore they don't get parsed by strftime().
The formatting in Spanish and Catalan isn't completely fixed though, spurious "02UTC" strings are being added after each date component.
- Forum post regarding incorrect date format with qTranslate containing solution.